[622] AMZ Power Supply PCB

Date: April 28th, 2010 | Comments : [8] | Categories: DIY, power.

AMZ Power Supply PCB

This is the AMZ Power Supply pc board. It filters and regulates a DC voltage input and provides multiple 9v outputs that are suitable to power a full pedalboard.

It can also provide a negative 9v power supply for PNP devices, and has an 18v and multiple 9v connections. Read more about this pcb that can be used as the heart of your pedalboard power supply.

Convert the noisy voltage from your wall-wart into a smooth clean source of power for your pedals!

There are a limited number of these pc boards available.

8 Responses to “AMZ Power Supply PCB”

[1028] davidmac Says: 7:27 am, April 29th, 2010

Thanks for another useful piece of work, Jack! Looking at the article, what are you thoughts on using a laptop power supply for the suggested 18v? I seem to be accumulating them these days…

[1029] admin Says: 8:31 am, April 29th, 2010

Actually, I have a 17v Dell laptop power supply that I plan to use with this pcb for one of my pedalboards!

The regulators and filters should strip out all the nasty stuff from the laptop power module and make it suitable for pedal powering.

The only thing to watch is how much power you pull from it – my power block is rated at several amps and I wouldn’t want to run that much through the regulators without using heat sinks. This is covered in the support material that is provided with pcb purchase.

[1080] John Says: 3:52 pm, May 28th, 2010

About how much will the parts cost to build this?

[1081] admin Says: 7:34 pm, May 28th, 2010

All parts including the power jacks and board mounts should cost less than $25

[1190] gordo Says: 12:51 pm, June 10th, 2010

The only issue I’ve run into with the small case is heat. I’ve backed down on the supply as the regulators will eat everything you feed them and get real hot real fast. This has totally solved my Boss DD-20 noise problems by isolating it. I’m feeding a Line6 MM4 12VDC with center pin positive, and a handful of standard pedals with one of the other 9V ports.

[1192] admin Says: 2:56 pm, June 10th, 2010

All of the excess voltage has to be dissipated as heat, so you can back down the main supply to 12v – 15v or add heat sinks. There are clip-on heat sinks that will do the job, or the standard bolt-on versions.

-Jack

[1199] Gary Says: 10:54 am, June 13th, 2010

Where can you get heat sinks for the regulators?

[1205] Gary Says: 3:47 pm, June 14th, 2010

Do you have part numbers for the regulator heat sinks?